Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Summer Essentials 2017

Time for my annual Summer essentials update!
I feel like this year is different than years previous.
Normally I have a BB cream or tinted moisturizer and so far this year I haven't put one on my face, I've been embracing my skin while it's behaving.


I have been loving freckled, bronzed skin and natural looking mascara.
Not much skincare is included in this post, but you can check out my current routine here.
 -Sunscreen has become a must for me as I am all about skincare.  This one from Aveeno is 30SPF, doesn't feel greasy, blends into the skin nicely and is the last step in my skincare routine.
-I am loving bronzer, I've never really been one for it until this year and this Hourglass one (Diffused light) is killing it for me.
-While I am not using a tinted moisturizer or foundation, I still feel the need to conceal and I like the Nars complete concealer (vanilla) for this.  It blends in nicely to my own skin tone and creasing is almost non-existent.
-I received this Charlottle TilburyXNorman Parkinson Color of Youth healthy, happy lip & cheek glow, in my lucky bag from Beautylish earlier this year, and I thought nothing of it at the time.  But the coral color and the fact that it's a multi use cream has been amazing for this warm weather!
-Hylamide HA Primer, provides a nice blurring effect and canvas for all this rose-y cheeked, bronzey-ness.

 -I'm all about mermaid colors for the eyes.  The new Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Highlighting Eyeshadow Palette volume 3 and NYX single eyeshadow in Mermaid, are perfect for this.  Some may not like the shimmers in the Tarte palette, but I am a fan.
-I just started using the Lancome juicy shakers about a month ago and I am in love.  I'm not much of a lipstick person so these are perfect for me.  I love this one in Freedom of Peach for Summer.
-For bright under eyes I've been using this Becca under eye corrector for quite awhile now and would highly recommend it.
-Lastly my favorite mascara this year, Buxom Lash Mascara.  I love the wand, love the separation, love the length it gives, and best of all I can work all day and not have a smudge under my eye.
-Becca's Shimmering Skin Perfector in Opal, I can't believe I haven't used this sooner.  Such a pretty glow for Summer without looking 'shiny'.
-CoverFx click highlighter in bubbly, I love highlighting my top lip with this or using it under a powder highlight for an extra glow.
-Clarins lip perfector in 04Petal, is a great sheer Summertime gloss.
-Another product from the company Deciem (I know, I'm obsessed), this time from The Chemistry line, Heel Chemistry has saved my dry feet.  I just think it is amazing.  I apply it either before I go to work or right before bed, once a day and it's just been like magic.  I'm not embarrassed to wear sandals or go barefoot.

-Last but not least, the brand as a whole that's been a winner for me is Sol de Janeiro.  The smell of everything they produce is amazing and just is Summer to me.  I was ecstatic when they released the 
Brazilian Crush body spray and scooped it up instantly. I've never religiously used a body cream until now and this is my second tub of the Bum Bum cream.  The shower gel, Brazilian 4-Play, I could just sit and smell it all day.  It can be Summer all year long using this brand.

What are your Summer essentials? Please let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment