Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Monday, July 31, 2017

My Travel Makeup & Skincare Routine

I recently went to Las Vegas, not far from me but far enough.
Traveling means I get to use up a bunch of my miniature products, which I was psyched for (ask the boyfriend).  It also means that I really need to figure out what makeup products are really essential to me, which was hard because I have a blush palette I love, but it is rather large.

I had a method to my madness.
I packed everything I would normally use, which sounds ridiculous but it was my system, then I went through it all again and asked myself "do I really need this for the three days I'm gone?"
I would narrow it down to if one product could do the work of two, do I need a blush palette when I'm going to be in forty degree Celsius weather?, do I need two highlighters?
The only thing I couldn't get myself to agree on was mascara. . .I brought three. . .did I end up using three? No.  I used the same one every day.


What I started with was excessive. Not pictured, is an eye shadow palette that I brought and used once.  And all I used it for? my inner corner highlight.  I brought a lipstick, but all I ended up using was my Lancome Juicy Shaker (in cotton candy), love these things!  The Nars soft matte complete concealer was awesome for the hot weather and I think I claim it as my all time favorite concealer after this trip.  I just want to mention that I never hear anyone talk about the Buxom lash mascara, I freaking love it.  It never flakes or clumps on me and makes my lashes look so good, I need to invest in the full version.

I thought for sure I would be into wearing a lot of makeup but a)I was wearing sunglasses half the time and b)it was sweltering!  I was more into caring for my skin and hair, as the heat attacked it.


I used my regular shampoo and conditioner, and just transferred them to small containers (hair routine coming soon), but this soy leave-in treatment from SexyHair helped so much while down there.  I am a blush person and I only brought this one from Charlotte Tilbury/Norman Parkinson Color of Youth, and I only used it the first day. My Charlotte Tilbury bronze and glow was a must though, along with the Becca under eye corrector.

I recently used my points to get the First Aid Beauty set at Sephora and have been dying to use these minis and finally got the chance. 
Face cleanser- While it is good and didn't effect my skin in a bad way, I'll pass and stick to my Neutrogena.
Coconut Primer- I am not sure. . .I like the way it felt and the scent wasn't bad, but I just didn't notice much difference if that makes sense. I would save my money.
Ultra Repair Hydrating Serum- I liked this quite a bit, but seeing how I have other serums I like slightly more I'm not buying the full size.
Ultra Repair Cream- I did not like the scent of this but I really like the cream, a lot.  The scent goes away quickly so I may the full size in the future if suddenly Eucerin stops making my favorite.

I brought my bum bum cream by Sol de Janeiro and never used it once!  But trust that I've been using it like crazy since I've been home...plus I did transfer my Brazilian Crush spray into a smaller container to bring on the trip and wore it every day.

Since we've been home I've been embracing a no makeup makeup look more than usual, mostly just concealer, bronzer and highlight.  It feels very summery and I'm loving it.

What are your travel essentials?
Expect a beach post later this week as we're headed out for some waves today!

No comments:

Post a Comment