Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Saturday, August 22, 2020

I'm Ready For Fall

 I love Autumn.  

Look back at previous posts or my tumblr and you'll realize this.

Yes, I still have a tumblr.

Hell, look at my wedding photos and you'll realize this.


Last weekend we had a thunder storm, they never happen where I live by the way, it was awesome.

Then it was rainy for a few days and I loved it.

I would come home from work and turn the fairy lights on right away and watch a couple episodes of Gilmore Girls to unwind with a glass of red wine (the perfect evening).

Yes, I know it's August.

I love Summer too, believe me I do, but sometime in mid-August it always gets to me...Fall is coming and I just can't wait.

We don't even have that great of Autumns here, not like other places, but I still love it.

So much that two of my 4 weeks of vacation happen during September and October this year.

I always take the first or second week of September off, usually the week after Labour Day and I decorate for Fall and make a bunch of meals to freeze. It's just cozy and relaxing to me.  Usually my husband is away working at this time so I get to play housewife which I enjoy as well.  Two weeks until my vacation starts, I think it's why I feel so cozy and autumnal right now.

I am dying to go to HomeSense to see if they have Autumn decor out, but honestly I have a hard time going there right now.  I wear a mask all day at work and I just find it hard to go somewhere and where a mask on my day off and after a day of work I don't really go anywhere.  My husband and I go get groceries once a week right now and they are just starting mandatory masks at most places now and I just find it hard. I know that sounds stupid. I wear one and other ppe for seven hours a day at work and it's a relief to take it all off at the end of the day and have two days where I don't have to wear it.  It fucking sucks to wear it.  People complain about wearing a mask into a store for say an hour or so, what about nurses who have to wear it for a ten/twelve hour shift?  I only wear it for seven hours, constantly talking to people, running around with 1-2 hour wait times and it's hard.  It's hot wearing a mask, gown and face shield, and overall just difficult to communicate with people.  Not to mention screening one to two hundred patients who yell at you for asking them if they've had cold or flu symptoms etc.

Okay, now I'm just ranting.

I need to stop.

I am ready for Fall but at the same time I am not.  Covid restrictions are most likely going to get worse going into cold and flu season and for that I am not ready.


Anyone else ready for the Fall feelings and decor?

No comments:

Post a Comment