Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Summer Essentials

Long time no see?
I feel like when I write I need to have a refreshing beverage or coffee in hand, good tunes and have had a good work day.
Today was good and I have a cider in hand, so I am happy.

I hope everyone had a fantastic long weekend! Even though it was not sunny or hot here it felt like the beginning of Summer, therefore I needed to compile my list of Summer essentials.

This will mostly likely differ from my Summer favorites that will come in September but this the overall plan.  Enjoy and a let me know your Summer essentials in the comments!

 BareMinerals Complexion rescue, Fresh Tinted Lip Treatment Sugar in Rose, 'We Are the Ants" by Shaun David Hutchinson, L'oreal Magic BB Cream, maison martin margiela Replica 'Beach Walk' perfume, Soleil Tan De Chanel Bronzer by Chanel
1. Tinted moisturizer/BB Cream.  I usually go lightweight with my skin for any time of year but definitely for Summer. 
2. A lip treatment.  My go to is Vaseline which I feel like I talk about in every essentials/favorites post, but I do like the Fresh treatments as well and thought I'd sneak that in there this time.
3. A good book.  I hope to do a book post this Summer as I have been getting back into reading again as I now have the time to.
4. A Summer scent.  There are scents that smell like Summer and then there are scents that remind you of Summer (watermelon, a boy's cologne, bbq hot dogs, the ocean etc)
5. A go to bronzer, one that enhances your Summer tan or just makes you look like you were at the beach all day even though you were slathered in your SPF like me.
 L'oreal EverSleek Precious Oil Treatment, Essence All About Sunrise Eyeshadow, Stila Aqua Glow Serum Concealer, The Lumineers 'Cleopatra', TooFaced Hangoverx,Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara
6. A good hair product to keep your hair feeling smooth and silky after all those UV rays. 
7. Summer-y, shimmery eyeshadows for those days or nights you feeling like looking like a mermaid.
8. Lightweight concealers.  I tend to tan pretty well in Summer, so I do need to go a shade darker but at the same time I rarely need concealer so I stick to light coverage ones that will just make me look more awake.
9. Awesome tunes! A Summer playlist is a must-have for me and has been for years.  Let me know your Summer songs in the comments, I would love to know!
10. A primer, specifically a hydrating one.  I tend to ignore the fact that I have dry skin in the Summer as I am already looking oily from the hot days, but you shouldn't ignore your skin type even if you are a sweaty mess.
11. Natural looking mascara that will have people questioning if those are your natural lashes, oh why yes they are!
Maybelline Better Skin Concealer, Tarte Cosmetics Rainforest of the Sea palette, Hawaiian Tropics Silk Hydration Sunscreen, Stila Aqua Glow Cushion Blush in Rosewater, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Moisturizer

 
12. SPF.  Sunscreen is a must for me.  It wasn't in the past, but as I near thirty I've realized the importance of it the last few years.  No more of that 4SPF tanning oil for me, okay well maybe but only because it smells so good and then I'll slather something more on over top.
13. I love having rosy cheeks, so a cushion or cream blush is perfect for the Summer. It looks natural and feels light on the cheeks.
14. Moisturizer.  Something to hydrate your skin before hitting the heat, as well as something for your skin to drink up at the end of the day.

So, go on let me know what you tend to reach for in the Summer months.

I hope you have a great week and I hope to talk to you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment