Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Trying Out New Products #1

Hello Everybody!

For the past couple months to even just a few days ago I have been trying a few new products and I thought that I would share.
[Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula with Vitamin E Strong Roots spray/Tony Moly Appletox/Bioderma H20/L'oreal Magic Lumi Primer/Olay Regenerist Serum]
Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula with Vitamin E Strong Roots spray- This spray claims to stimulate the scalp and promote healthy hair growth and create a "cooling sensation" to sooth dryness or itch.
I take it that you're supposed to spray this on to your hair after you shower, but after reading other people's reviews you can do it dry (but it does make your hair feel a bit sticky and like you have hairspray in it).
The smell is coconut with a eucalyptus and peppermint. I notice the coconut right away and only smell hints of peppermint, so I don't find it overpowering.
I tend to suffer with psoriasis on my scalp and while it hasn't acted up in two years, I figure this would be something new to try for my itchy scalp. I've been using it every 2 days and I notice that it does have a soothing sensation so that's a plus. But I will have to wait a few months before seeing any hair growth.

Tony Moly Appletox- I am quite in love with this so far. So basically you rub this cream all over your face, massaging it in, and after a few minutes dead skin should start to rub off (like those little eraser bits). Once you feel like you have no cream left to rub in you can rinse it off with warm water. Oh my gosh, my skin was so soft after this! I would probably only use it once or twice a week.

Bioderma H20- This is a cleansing water. It's supposed to remove all make up and reveal clean skin. This works really well, but I find that it leaves a big raccoon eyed mess with my makeup unlike some eye makeup removers I've used. So I don't know if I'll be repurchasing. One this I did like was that it didn't irritate my eyes or my skin.

L'oreal Magic Lumi Primer- This declares it is a "light infusing primer". You can mix it with foundation or BB cream, wear it under your make up or use it as a highlighter. I've been loving this to give myself a glow and wear it under my make up, I use a BB cream and find it gives a natural, healthy glow. There are times when I forget to put this on first and I end up using it as a highlighter and I find that works just as nice.  It's not oily or sticky feeling, it blends into the skin rather well and I highly recommend this.

Olay Regenerist Serum- This is supposed to improve wrinkles in 2 weeks.  I am really not sure about this product. I love how it feels, it doesn't sit heavy on my skin, it's fragrance free, the bottle/pump is so easy to use and the 50mls has lasted me about 3 months so far.
But have I seen improvements?
I'm going to be honest.  I've noticed the wrinkles around my eyes and mouth a lot more lately and after I'm done this bottle I'm going to try something new and if that doesn't work, I might come back to this just because I love how it feels. It's a staple in my everyday routine, but I just don't think it does anything.
Maybe my skin isn't old enough?

[L'oreal Super Slim 12hr liner/Tarte Lights,Camera Lashes Mascara/Anastasia Brow Wiz (Chocolate)/Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler/Benefit Cosmetics Cheeky Sweet Box O' Blushes]

L'oreal Super Slim 12hr liner- I was looking for a dupe for the Stila Stay All Day Liner, I think this is it.  I don't know what else to say, because I just think it's a very good dupe.  I need to get more use out of it to be 100% positive, but it's looking good.

Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara- This was the first Tarte product I ever bought and tried.  I want to try more!  I love this mascara. The length and separation is amazing, but natural looking. I did find that I had black smudges under my eyes at the end of the day, so it's not one I wear to work, but for the weekend when I can do touch ups if I have to, this is on my lashes.

Anastasia Brow Wiz in Chocolate- This is my first time owning this product and I don't know if I can ever switch to another brow product again, besides maybe trying out the pomade.  I used to use Benefit's Gimme Brow and E.L.F.'s brow kit. I think the brow wiz is my favorite, I find you get a lot more precision and a more natural looking brow.  I might try the brow wiz in brunette next time though. Thumbs up for the brow wiz!

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler- Another win here. I only bought this because I felt my eyelash curlers weren't doing a thing. So Boyfriend and I went to Sephora. I had two different Shu Uemura curlers in my hand, Boyfriend asked a salesperson which was better and this is the one I ended up with. Holy amazing. I didn't realize that's how curled lashes are supposed to look. It was a pricey purchase but worth every penny in my eyes.

Benefit Cosmetics Cheeky Sweet Box O' Blushes- I've owned this for about a month, I think.  I've never owned a Benefit blush before, but I've heard very good things. First off, these smell so good.  This set comes with Dandelion, Sugarbomb, Hoola, Coralista, Rockateur, Bellabamba and a mini Watts Up!.  My favorites are Dandelion, Rockateur and Watts Up!  I haven't played with the bronzer Hoola too much yet, but it's supposed to be the best there is.  Definitely a good little set if you're just being introduced to makeup or even Benefit products.

I hope the rest of your week goes well and talk to you soon!

-The Quiet Brunette

All these products were purchased by me and all reviews are my own unsponsored opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment