Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Monday, January 5, 2015

A Few Favorites

Good morning Lovelies!
I had intended for today's post to be my past to present (none) health and fitness journey, but the post ended up being way too long and I also felt like I went way out of my comfort zone.  So it will end up being a two maybe three part post, soon.

For today I will share some recent favorites with you!
This is not a beauty favorites today, but you can expect one of those soon. 
Today are some book and movie favorites.  If you can't find me scouring stores for new beauty products to try or reading blogs, you can find me curled up with a book or laying in bed watching a movie.

First off "Alice in Zombieland" by Gena Showalter.
Surprisingly Boyfriend was the one who got me into this series.  Christmas 2013 he bought me the first book and I was impressed.  An ass-kicking zombie slayer chick surrounded by hot boys? I'm in! But it's not all zombies throughout the trilogy. There is heart ache, love triangles and don't forget the bad guys (not just the zombies).  I'm on the last book now and I just can't put it down.

Another read I enjoyed last year was more light hearted.  "A Little Something Different" by Sandy HallA love story with different points of view, including a squirrel.  How could I not read it?  Definitely enjoyable and something to make you laugh when you're having a bad day.

I can only think of two movies I watched last year.  One being the fan favorite "Catching Fire" and I guess the other would be a fan favorite too, "The Lego Movie".
Total opposites.  I enjoyed "Catching Fire" much more than "The Hunger Games". I've read the books but the first movie just felt a lot slower and while still interesting, the second movie just did it for me. 

"Everything is awesome!"  Boyfriend and I just can't stop singing this song.  It makes us smile and the movie is just hilarious.  We're both Lego lovers (played with it today actually)  yet we had both never seen this movie until just a few days ago.
We've watched it twice.

I have 5 more books to read and quite a few movies I'd like to see, so expect another one of these at some point!

Enjoy your Monday, see ya on Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment