Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Tuesday, February 23, 2016

The Skincare Routine

Is anyone else obsessed with anti-aging products or skin care?

I'm trying to figure out when my obsession with skincare started and you know what? Possibly when I was eleven.

I remember using Noxema (I still have a tub of that stuff kicking around for my oily days) and my Mom telling me that all of my Dad's Aunts and Uncles used it and that they weren't wrinkly.
I used Noxema religiously after that.
I didn't use much for a moisturizer though, just whatever I had for body lotion at that time.

I must have used Noxema for seven or eight years.
Then when I neared twenty I decided to try Neutrogena.
I quickly fell in love with their grapefruit scrub and saw a massive change in my skin (for the better).
I used the same grapefruit range from Neutrogena for years, then one day I tried their Pore Refining Scrub and would alternate between the two.
This is around the time I started using a proper face moisturizer too.

So, my early twenties it was Neutrogena for face scrubs/washes and L'oreal for face cream.

2014 I began using higher end moisturizers and haven't looked back.

My current skincare routine is intense (in my opinion).

In the morning I will use either Origins Microdermabrasion Scrub or Neutrogena Pore Refining Scrub or Origins Frothy Face Wash (depends on my skin that morning).  After that I will go in with my Paula's Choice 2%BHA liquid, followed by Origins Ginseng Moisturizer and Fresh Youth eye cream.

This has been working rather well for me lately.

What I love most is my night routine, even though it can be a struggle to do it before I fall asleep.
First I will almost always use the Neutrogena Pore Refining Scrub , it's rare if I use anything else in the evening.  At the end of the day I feel like my skin is dirty and just needs a good cleanse, so this works for me.
Then I used my new favorites, Kiehls Midnight Recovery Eye Cream and Midnight Recovery Concentrate (which is an oil).
This combo is just my favorite.  My skin is soft and hydrated after this, but if I'm feeling like a bit more hydration/some retinol, I will use Neutrogena's Rapid Night Repair moisturizer (usually this happens 3x a week)

Lately this morning and night combo has been working amazingly for me.  I feel confident in my skin and while people usually think I look younger than I am, I have been getting compliments on my "nice skin".  The red wine could be helping too.

As for face masks? I have an addiction here.  I love the GlamGlow Youth Mud but rarely ever purchase it.  I like the Lush Cup O' Coffee mask, but the mask that seems to do the most for my skin is Caudalie's Instant Detox Mask.  I use this twice a week, three times if my skin is acting up.  The first time I ever used this I broke out like crazy and was hesitant to continue using it.  But I read up on the mask and found out it draws out the toxins in your skin, bringing them to the surface (pimples!) so I decided to continue using it and I'm so glad I did.

I love knowing people's skin routines so leave me yours in the comments below or sent me a link to your blog/youtube!

Thanks and here's to healthy, youthful, glowing skin :)

2 comments:

  1. I recently fell back in love with origins too! Hoping 2016 will be the year of good skin for me. Thanks for sharing.!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have a great skin year and thanks for checking out my blog!

      Delete