Pages

 photo img_06.jpg  photo img_09.jpg  photo img_05.jpg  photo img_07.jpg

Monday, December 22, 2014

It's Christmas Week!

Happy Monday!
In all honesty, I hate Mondays. But, it's Christmas week!
Unfortunately I am still feeling poorly and have been doing everything I can to make myself better.
I have two days of work left before some, very needed, days off begin.
I still feel like I'm missing something though.  I wandered the mall twice this past weekend and nothing was coming to me.

I was thinking this morning about how easier Christmas was as a kid.
You didn't do any of the shopping, unless you were like my parents and would give us about ten to twenty dollars and take us to shop for the other parent.

As a kid you didn't have to worry about going back to work the next day.  You could be in your pajamas until supper and play with your new toys all day. Don't forget that lunch would consist of chocolate.

Now Christmas for me is busy.
I still get up early on Christmas day, but then I have breakfast and presents with the Boyfriend's family and then be at my parent's house for nine and do the same there (yes, two breakfasts!) Usually I'll hang out at my house for the majority of the day, get ready and all that jazz.  Then I'll go to Boyfriend's try to have a nap and fail, by four o'clock I need to be at my parent's to help finish with dinner which runs until about 7pm and then back to the Boyfriend's for wine and more fun.
Don't get me wrong, I love it all but it's exhausting.

Sometimes I just wish I could be a kid again.
I remember my parents stressing out up until Christmas Day, and then Christmas day was just perfect.

What do you remember about Christmas as a kid?

Happy Monday

No comments:

Post a Comment